Femdom Forums

Go Back   FemdomDesire - Femdom Forums > FEMDOM DESIRE Forums > General Shit

Old 12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 19,273, Level: 87 Points: 19,273, Level: 87 Points: 19,273, Level: 87
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 27 Total
salsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cum
Default Re: Indictment Against Vick Exposes Grisly Allegations

Quote:
VICK GETS 23 MONTHS

ESPN reports that Judge Henry Hudson has sentenced Falcons quarterback Mike Vick to 23 months in jail.

The sentence is five months longer than the 12-18 months that prosecutors recommended, and that the federal sentencing guidelines seemed to indicate.

Vick also received three years of probation, which means that he'll need to stay out of trouble for 36 months after his sentence ends. If not, he'll go back to jail.

Under federal law, he'll be required to serve 85 percent of the term, and if he behaves while in jail he'll be eligible for an early release.

That's 19.55 months, which means that Vick won't get out of jail until early June of 2009, at the earliest.

The question then becomes whether the NFL imposes a finite suspension on him after he gets out of jail. A one-year suspension would make him eligible to return to the NFL in 2010. At that time, he'll be 30 -- and nearly four years removed from playing football at the professional level.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:10 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 3,554, Level: 37 Points: 3,554, Level: 37 Points: 3,554, Level: 37
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 6 Total
subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!

He still got off light if you ask me,I was looking at a poll on msn and was surprised to see that most people were supporting a total ban from NFL.----------Mike
Say 'Thank You!' for this post.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

salsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cum

I think he's still facing other charges related to the whole matter at the state level that haven't been decided yet. He's also out more than $120 million in endorsement deals and salary. Even if he gets another shot at the NFL - and I'm not so sure that he will - I don't think he'll ever cash in again. I can't see any corporation wanting that kind of negative publicity.

What bugs me is reading on some sports forums that people feel bad for Vick because "he grew up in a culture that approves of dogfighting." Dogfighting itself is bad enough (and illegal regardless of "cultural" approval), but he admitted to taking part in torturing and killing dogs who didn't perform up to whatever his sick standards were. It's not like he and his sick friends were setting an example for the other dogs to fight better - dogs aren't capable of making that kind of association (i.e. fight better of this will happen to you too).

The only conclusion I can come to is that he took pleasure from torturing animals, which is seriously fucking sick.

One good thing has come from this though:

Quote:
"The Vick case has had a transformative effect on the issue of dogfighting in America. Not only has Bad Newz Kennels been shut down, but there is a newfound awareness and resolve. There has been a tripling in arrests of dogfighters since the Vick case came to light. The Humane Society of the United States expects to work on upgrades of dogfighting statutes in as many as 25 states in 2008."
Old 12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 16,663, Level: 82 Points: 16,663, Level: 82 Points: 16,663, Level: 82
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 61 Total
Link She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You Cum

The impact has been increased awareness, like the article says. A dogfighting operation right here in my area was recently shut down. Now I'm waiting to see if they get the same stiff treatment.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:33 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!subman159 PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!

The problem with this country is these knee jerk reactions,right now it is big news.Next week the next big story will push dog fighting stories back to page 12,right next to the cooking section.The press is not our friends any more.Instead of all these idiots shooting up innocent people,we should turn them loose on the villens.Shoot some of these bastards,and hang their bodies out for the crows to feast on.Sorry,but I can't abide cruelty to anything.Just an interesting note,After a particulerly scathing article in the press while Thomas Jefferson was president,he was asked if he would change anything he wrote in the bill of rights,freedom of the press He responded.----------Mike
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Goddess
Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 778 Total
Mistress Taylor has disabled reputation

http://lcanimal.org/cmpgn/cmpgn_007.htm

Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 15,933, Level: 81 Points: 15,933, Level: 81 Points: 15,933, Level: 81
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 16 Total
hockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANER

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsashark
What bugs me is reading on some sports forums that people feel bad for Vick because "he grew up in a culture that approves of dogfighting."
That is a great point and one that I have to jump on.....if Michael Vick was collecting food stamps and living in a shack somewhere....and was involved in this sort of activity it would be as wrong as if he were the millionaire that he is....that being said, the above argument would have some merit. But when you make the jump from street thug to NFL Super Star and you sign the contracts for the millions and millions of dollars you take on a responsibility to society...I hate when athletes say "I am not a role model" Bull shit...if you don't want to be a role model, work for minimum wage and don't sign endorsement deals.

He knew what he was doing....he knew it was wrong....but he still was involved. He is guilty of the crime and guilty of letting down millions of people that were his supporters and fans across the country which is almost as bad a crime.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:50 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Anybody that is a fan of political cartons should check out a place called Slate inway their is a good one on Vic he is hand cuffed in a prison uniform and the authorites are leadind him to the dog pound saying"It won't be so bad it's only for a year" check it out very funny.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Anybody that is a fan of political cartoons should check out a place called Slate inway their is a good one on Vic he is hand cuffed in a prison uniform and the authorites are leadind him to the dog pound saying"It won't be so bad it's only for a year" check it out very funny.----Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

sorry for the double post------Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 11:15 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 24,919, Level: 95 Points: 24,919, Level: 95 Points: 24,919, Level: 95
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 50 Total
BlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You Cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysub12
That is a great point and one that I have to jump on.....if Michael Vick was collecting food stamps and living in a shack somewhere....and was involved in this sort of activity it would be as wrong as if he were the millionaire that he is....that being said, the above argument would have some merit. But when you make the jump from street thug to NFL Super Star and you sign the contracts for the millions and millions of dollars you take on a responsibility to society...I hate when athletes say "I am not a role model" Bull shit...if you don't want to be a role model, work for minimum wage and don't sign endorsement deals.

He knew what he was doing....he knew it was wrong....but he still was involved. He is guilty of the crime and guilty of letting down millions of people that were his supporters and fans across the country which is almost as bad a crime.
And here's the thing that really bugs me. And I hate to make this a race thing. Just let me state for the record I'm in no way a racist in any fashion. To me everyone is equal, I don't care about their color, as long as someone is a good person, that's all that counts in my book.

I don't hear any black people coming out against this guy. Everyone uses the argument that they don't see what the big deal is, because in other countries they eat dogs. Or the argument that dogs aren't as revered in other countries, so they can't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about it. Even black people that I would have thought would come out against him, didn't. It's part of black/thug culture. I hear it over and over again. And none of his fellow athletes have much to say about it. It's like the OJ thing. Some I know are just taking his side, because they feel they're standing up for one of their own.

But his actions of torture alone, tells you something is wrong mentally with him. He took joy in torturing these dogs. Otherwise he would have just shot them and done it quick, but no.........he did horrific things to them that would be a slow painful death. That tells you all you need to know about this man.

That said..........I'll say it one more time. He's sentenced for 2 years, he'll probably do half of that, and miss 1 season, and he'll be back in football in some fashion. Some team will take him as a backup player and not start him and get the public used to it, as not to cause too much controversy, and they'll slowly ease him back in to the spotlight. They'll be protests and such, but after awhile people will forget, and there ya go. He's free and clear.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:14 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 15,933, Level: 81 Points: 15,933, Level: 81 Points: 15,933, Level: 81
Last Achievements

hockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueA86
That said..........I'll say it one more time. He's sentenced for 2 years, he'll probably do half of that, and miss 1 season, and he'll be back in football in some fashion. Some team will take him as a backup player and not start him and get the public used to it, as not to cause too much controversy, and they'll slowly ease him back in to the spotlight. They'll be protests and such, but after awhile people will forget, and there ya go. He's free and clear.
I hate to say it, but what you say has some merit.....The only thing I hope for is that hopefully half of the NFL players are as much troubled by what he did as the general public. I know there will be some that stand by him, but trust me a player in the locker room hated by half the team is not a leader and if Vick is to play again in the NFL, he has to be the leader of his team. Time will tell the story here on this guy, my fear is that if Vinny Testeverde still has a job in the NFL at age 40something....Vick at age 30 may have time to get re-signed with somebody. I don't think him going to the CFL for a year is out of the question either...they seem to take anybody up there and he would bring celebrity status to the league, if even in a bad way.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

A big difference between Vick and Vinny though: Vick's talent is mostly related to his athleticism. He's never completed more than 56.4% of his pass attempts in a season and his career percentage is a hair under 54%. He's not going to be able to stay in NFL shape in jail with the diet they're given (not a lot of protein from what I understand).

I was just reading that he'll have to serve at least 85% of his sentence, which means the earliest he can be out is 20 months. That will wipe out the next two NFL seasons anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes a chance on him, but he'll never cash in the way he did in the past, and given the fact that he couldn't even refrain from smoking pot while awaiting sentencing, he'll probably get in trouble again even if someone does sign him.

As far as the CFL goes, I thought the reason they took in fallen NFL players was because they had no marijuana policy. I'm sure there's a SPCA equivalent in Canada that wouldn't be too happy if he were signed to a CFL franchise.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:34 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

I have to admit that I am not a big football fan,rarely watch the stuff.That said I do understand the following ,and to each to his own I allways say.The argument that pro players should be held to a higher standard is a very valid one.Race should never be allowed to come in,but inevitably someone allways plays the race card.But seriously whom is the raciest here,the people who say"I don't give a damn what color your skin is,you Broke the law,or the one who says,if I was white I wouldn;t have gotten such a stiff sentence.If you are going to allow the media to present you to the public as a star than you better be ready to accept the consequences,No matter what color you are.Activites such as this, do nothing but diminish us as a society,and anyone that can't see that has blinders on.So if you are going to use race as your defense,you better be willing to accept that if convicted,not only do you bring yourself down but you tarnish your whole race as well.Now that last statment may sound like raceism creeping in but like it or not it's true,we are either one nation of people made up of different ethnic backgrounds who are willing to accept that the laws are for every one. And this type of behavior will not be tolerated.Or we are alot of subnations divided into racial groups and the laws mean nothing.We can either fight this blight to humanity together,or throw slurs at each other,while innocent animals suffer.Together we stand,divided we fall.We can all stand together and fight for whats right,just,and fair,or we can go ahead and declare war on each other:Who among us is ready to fire the first shot?If it is to be a shot heard around the world,I pray it is for the animals,because wether you like it or not,we have been appointed their spokesmen .So are you going to give them a voice,or stand on the side lines,and hope the other person will do it?I for one am allready screaming.---Mike
Old 01-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Goddess
Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Ok, I cant get this to play. It is the Michael VIck apology. I do not believe he is sorry. I believe he is sorry he got caught. I am serious. Did anyone see this. He said he is sorry for his "immature actions"??????? Imature??? He killed and tortured TONS of dogs. That is WAYYYYYYYY beyond immature. I am going to try to put it up again. It is on Yahoo.

[MEDIA=360,240]http://www.femdomdesire.com/links/Mich.flv[/MEDIA]

Old 01-01-2008, 03:54 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 27,469, Level: 98 Points: 27,469, Level: 98 Points: 27,469, Level: 98
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 103 Total
Sockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You Cum

I just searched it and watched the video...

How Insincere!

He had to read it from a piece of paper. That proves how honest and from the heart it was.

I hope people don't fall for it...
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 PM
DOGBOY
Points: 7,437, Level: 57 Points: 7,437, Level: 57 Points: 7,437, Level: 57
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 1 Total
TSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANER

I used tolove him but now he's a piece of shit. Biggest disappointment of the year. Such a talented athlete and exciting football player led a double life which is gruesome, pathetic and despicable. I'd say the average dog is more intelligent than this asshole. He is only sorry that he got caught and not really sorry for his actions. And I can't believe people in the NFL are lobbying for him when he is a lowlife scumbag who made millions a year and it wasn't good enough so he had to host dogfighting events for gambling and more profit. Wow, what a loser!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
DOGBOY
Points: 7,437, Level: 57 Points: 7,437, Level: 57 Points: 7,437, Level: 57
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 1 Total
TSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANERTSCISAGODDESS ASS CLEANER

Oh shit...I almost forgot! I'm a dogboy, I better hide before he gets out of jail or I may be exposed to his "immature" actions! Please don't kill me Mike Vick...that'd be sooooooooo immature!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

BlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You Cum

Oh yeah. I've said it before, if he was so sorry and remorseful about all of this, why didn't he either just stop doing it, or turn himself in? He's reading what lawyers have advised him to read. And I'm sure they had a hand in writing it.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:36 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Looks like I spoke too soon. He may serve as lttle as 12 months according to something I just read.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Of course he will. He's a celebrity. Actually everything I had heard since he got sentenced, said he would probably only serve half of what he was given. So, that drug rehab thing, had little to do with it I think. He would have gotten out in half the time anyway.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Goddess
Last Achievements

Posted Jan 5th 2008 5:15PM by JJ Cooper
> Filed under: Falcons, Atlanta, NFL Police Blotter, Featured Stories
>
> Michael Vick might be back sooner than we think.
>
> Humane Society and PETA picketers better keep those posters ready, as
> there's a chance Michael Vick could be back on the field for the 2009
> season.
>
> Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the Falcons quarterback could end up
> serving as few as 12 months of his 23 month sentence thanks to his
> entry into a drug rehab program in prison. By connecting the dots,
the
> story speculates that Vick could be back in the NFL for the 2009
> season, as he would likely wrap up his sentence early next year.
>
>
> Apparently the drug treatment program, which is only in place at the
> Leavenworth, Kan., federal penitentiary, allows inmates to wipe off
up
> to a year of their sentence if they complet! e the drug treatment
> program. Vick has tested positive for marijuana, which ended up
likely
> adding time to his prison sentence. But now that same drug test might
> end up helping him cut time from his current sentence.
>
> Vick has to be in the program for a year, which apparently hasn't
> begun, so he's likely looking at a February or March 2009 release.
>
> Now, there are several other obstacles to Vick getting back onto an
> NFL field. Commissioner Roger Goodell will have to end his indefinite
> suspension, he'll likely have to pass frequent drug tests, and
> probably most importantly, he'll have to find a team willing to have
a
> dog killer on their roster, with all the bad publicity that will come
> with it.
>
> But getting his prison sentence over six months or more before the
> 2009 season does make it much more likely that Vick will end up
> getting back onto the field.
>

Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 16,663, Level: 82 Points: 16,663, Level: 82 Points: 16,663, Level: 82
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 61 Total
Link She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You Cum

And if he's in Leavenworth he's likely getting the celebrity treatment from the other inmates.

Based on today's climate, no team would take the risk on him. A year from now, it might be a different story.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Goddess
Last Achievements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5_y...eature=related

Old 03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 15,755, Level: 80 Points: 15,755, Level: 80 Points: 15,755, Level: 80
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 14 Total
elie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANERelie ASS CLEANER

Great video. So true, tthose that have the least often give the most.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:57 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 18,441, Level: 86 Points: 18,441, Level: 86 Points: 18,441, Level: 86
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 53 Total
beanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANER

He issued a political apology. Like Bill Clinton at his impeachment, Roger Clemens in front of Congress, or any intoxicated celebrity after sticking their foot in their mouth.
"I am sorry I got caught, let's just pretend it never happened. We should move on. Okay?"
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Goddess
Last Achievements

WTF???
How can they do this after what he did???

Vick signs deal with Eagles

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/...les_vick_signs

PHILADELPHIA – By halftime, the Linc was buzzing: Michael Vick was an Eagle.

Suddenly, no one seemed to care much about the preseason game against the New England Patriots on Thursday night. All that mattered to most fans was that the disgraced quarterback had joined their team.

Even though five-time Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb is the man on the Philadelphia Eagles, the team gave Vick a one-year deal with an option for a second year.

"We don't need another quarterback, especially him," longtime fan Donald Crispin said.

The 29-year-old Vick, once the NFL's highest-paid player, has been out of action since 2006. The former Atlanta Falcons star was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting ring, and served 18 of a 23-month sentence in federal prison. He also was suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

"I'm a believer that as long as people go through the right process, they deserve a second chance," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "He's got great people on his side; there isn't a finer person than Tony Dungy. He's proven he's on the right track."

Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick's suspension on July 27, allowing him to sign with a team, practice and play in the last two preseason games. Once the season begins, Vick can participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.

The Eagles reached the NFC championship game last season under McNabb, but are still looking for their elusive first Super Bowl win.

McNabb has led the Eagles to five NFC title games and one Super Bowl appearance in the last eight years, and was rewarded with a $5.3 million raise in the offseason. The Eagles tore up his old contract with two years remaining, and gave him a new deal worth $24.5 million over the next two seasons.

Philadelphia is a surprise landing point for Vick. It was among 26 clubs that said there was no interest in him, but that may have changed when backup Kevin Kolb strained a knee ligament earlier this week. Kolb's injury isn't serious and he's expected to return next week. The Eagles also have veteran A.J. Feeley.

"There won't be a quarterback controversy," Reid said. "We have to make sure he gets back in football shape. He comes into a good, stable unit here. Donovan and Michael are very close."

Reid made sure he spoke with McNabb before signing Vick.

"I pretty much lobbied to get him here," McNabb said. "I believe in second chances and what better place to get a second chance than here with this group of guys. ... He's no threat to me, not for Kolb. We had the opportunity to add another weapon to our offense."

Vick could be used in a variation of the Wildcat offense that the Miami Dolphins made popular last season. He's also familiar with the West Coast offense, though Atlanta ran a different version than the one Philadelphia uses.

"He's an unbelievable athlete, both running the ball and throwing it," Reid said. "I'll think of something for him."

When news of Vick's signing circulated in the press box during the first half of the Eagles' preseason opener against the Patriots, even the team's public relations staff seemed surprised.

The crowd quickly caught on at Lincoln Financial Field. Fans standing on the concourse were in disbelief. One guy wondered how quickly he'd be able to buy a Vick jersey. Another asked if this was a joke.

"It doesn't make any sense," said Michelle Harlan, a mother attending her first NFL game with a young son.

In a "60 Minutes" interview set to air Sunday, Vick accepted blame for not stopping the illegal dogfighting operation he bankrolled.

Vick said he feels "some tremendous hurt behind what happened."

He said he should have taken "the initiative to stop it all ... I didn't."

Asked if he was more concerned about his playing career or the dogs he hurt, Vick replied, "Football don't even matter."

The animal rights group, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wasted no time reminding people exactly what Vick had done.

"PETA and millions of decent football fans around the world are disappointed that the Eagles decided to sign a guy who hung dogs from trees. He electrocuted them with jumper cables and held them under water," PETA spokesman Dan Shannon told The Associated Press.

"You have to wonder what sort of message this sends to young fans who care about animals and don't want them to be harmed."

Reid believes most Eagles fans will accept Vick.

"This is America. We do make mistakes," Reid said. "This situation is a chance to prove he's doing the right things. He's been proactive speaking across the country."

Since Reid became the head coach in 1999, the Eagles have avoided players with character issues. The lone exception came in 2004 when Philadelphia acquired wide receiver Terrell Owens. That move paid off when Owens helped lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl in his first season. But T.O. quickly wore out his welcome, criticizing management over a contract dispute and feuding with McNabb. He was released midway through the 2005 season.

"I couldn't envision Mike being here," said former Eagles linebacker Ike Reese, a teammate of Vick's in Atlanta in 2005-06. "I didn't see where he fit in. I think most people in the locker room would accept it. Donovan is very secure in his position. He wants to see Mike get another opportunity."

Players around the NFL expressed happiness that Vick was back in the league.

"That's a lot of talent right there that was going to go to waste if nobody picked him up," Baltimore running back Willis McGahee said. "I think he'll fit in pretty good there. They're going to take care of him."

Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason said he hopes the Eagles use him as a quarterback instead of a gimmick player.

"He's better than 95 percent of the quarterbacks that are starting right now in this league," Mason said. "He can sit behind Donovan and learn, and hopefully he'll get an opportunity to get in there some games. But if he just takes this time to grow as a player, his future is going to be bright."

___

Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

beanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANER

Donovan McNabb is a good guy. Maybe Vick can make use of his second chance. Not that he deserves it.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Goddess
Points: 12,782, Level: 73 Points: 12,782, Level: 73 Points: 12,782, Level: 73
Last Achievements

bitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANERbitch_p0p ASS CLEANER
Question Re: Indictment Against Vick Exposes Grisly Allegations

Dog killer Michael Vick will join other felons in the NFL..........

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated convicted felon and dog torturer Michael Vick on Monday, allowing him to immediately begin practicing with any team which will take him. Vick can also return to the field in mid-October. This move will put yet another convicted criminal on the sidelines, in a league already heavy with felons.

Of course, Vick spent 18 months of a 23-month sentence at Leavenworth federal prison for dog fighting charges.

When police raided Vick’s house in Surry County, VA in 2007, they found 65 dogs (nearly all pit bulls), a dog-fighting pit, blood-stained carpets, and various equipment commonly used in dog fighting.

One of the items found on Vick’s property was a ‘rape stand’ which is a device in which female dogs are strapped into and restrained, to allow a male dog to breed with her.

According to the federal indictment, when dogs at Vick’s Bad Newz Kennels lost a fight, or failed to perform well in ‘test matches,’ they were routinely killed by methods including electrocution, hanging, drowning, and in at least one case by “slamming” the dog’s body onto the concrete floor. In one session in April 2007, at least eight dogs were killed through these methods.

Vick took part in these executions along with his partners Purnell Peace, and Quanis Phillips. The indictment detailed a March 2003 incident, in which a female pit bull who had just lost a match was killed. Vick and Peace decided to kill her by “wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting her.”

Despite these ghastly facts, the NFL has decided to welcome back Michael Vick.

Goodell told reporters: "I do recognize that some will never forgive him for what he did. . I hope that the public will have a chance to understand his position as I have."

To their credit, the New York Giants, the New York Jets, and the Dallas Cowboys have already announced they would not take Vick.

Goodell is not only understanding of those who engage in the torture and killing of man’s best friend, but also of those who torture and kill man himself.

In 1998, St. Louis Rams’ defensive end Leonard Little ran a red light, while driving drunk and hit and killed wife and mother Susan Gutweiler, 47. Little pleaded guilty to a manslaughter charge, served 90 nights in a work release program and was back on the field the following season. In 2004, he was arrested again on drunk driving charges. In 2006, he was selected for the Pro Bowl.

In 2000, Baltimore Ravens’ linebacker Ray Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, and agreed to testify against his two friends, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, in exchange, prosecutors agreed to dismiss murder charges against him. Lewis was accused of stabbing to death two people after a Super Bowl party he attended, where a fight broke out between he and two members of a rapper’s entourage. While the NFL did fine Lewis for the crime, they did not issue any suspension. In 2008, Lewis received his 10th selection to the Pro Bowl.

In 2003, Chicago Bears’ defensive tackle Christian Peter retired after spending six seasons in the NFL. Before being drafted, Peter was arrested eight times for various offenses while in college at the University of Nebraska, one for grabbing a woman by the throat. Peter was also alleged to have raped a freshman named Kathy Redmond multiple times, while head coach Tom Osborne helped cover up the crime, Osborne has since apologized to Redmond. .In 1993, Peter also sexually assaulted two women.

Peter was drafted by the New England Patriots, who in light of his long history of criminal behavior, and his eighth arrest just before the draft, relinquished their rights to him. Peter entered the NFL the following season with the New York Giants.

In 2005, Cleveland Browns’ running back Jamal Lewis served 4 months in prison for attempting to set up a drug deal. Lewis was caught in 2004, as he tried to obtain and distribute five kilograms of cocaine. He received a four-game suspension. In 2008, Lewis rushed for 1,000 yards.

Between 2005-2007, Dallas Cowboys’ cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was arrested and/or convicted of multiple charges including disorderly conduct, public intoxication, assault, felony vandalism. In 2006, Jones was arrested for spitting in a woman’s face at a Nashville nightclub. In 2007, Jones assaulted a stripper in a Las Vegas club and threatened the life of a security guard, Jones eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges. Jones was suspended for the 2007 NFL season, but returned to the league with the Cowboys in 2008.

In 2006, Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive tackle Tank Johnson was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, after allegedly threatening a Chicago police officer. At the time of his arrest, Johnson was on probation for a 2005 guilty plea to carrying a concealed weapon. Johnson was also charged with further probation violations in 2006. Johnson received an eight-game suspension, after serving 43 days in jail.

In April 2009, Cleveland Browns’ wide receiver Donte Stallworth pleaded guilty to manslaughter charges and received a laughable 30-days in jail after hitting and killing husband and father Mario Reyes, 59 in Miami, Stallworth was drunk at the time. Officially, Stallworth is still on suspension from the NFL. The Browns have not released Stallworth, who signed him to a $35 million contract two weeks before he killed Reyes.

During the 2007 NFL season, an incredible 21 percent of the players had arrest records.
Supporters say Vick apologized for his actions. But in his famous press conference apology, Vick admitted only to fighting dogs, despite the fact that he pled guilty to all charges, including the killings. He admitted to “making mistakes” and “immature acts.” But deliberately and repeatedly planning dog fights and repeated premeditated violent killings of dogs are not “mistakes.” They are not the acts of someone who’s merely immature. They are the acts of a sociopath and a predator.

If we can't admit that the crimes to which Michael Vick pled guilty make one a bad person, then we have no definition of morality anymore.

Vick supporters who want to see him play football again should, if they’re being honest, say “We don’t care what Vick did to dogs, we just want to watch him play football.” But please don’t say he apologized, nor that he paid his debt. You can’t pay a debt you’ve never admitted you owe.

During the period when Michael Vick was in prison, two of the Vick dogs are became certified therapy dogs. They comfort the sick, children and the elderly. These dogs, who were never criminals, who never chose to hurt or kill others, are truly rehabilitated.

A man who can look a dog in the face and deliberately pick the most brutal and prolonged way of killing that dog, for nothing more than being insufficiently vicious – I think most people could reasonably wonder if such a man could ever genuinely be rehabilitated.

Former Vick fighting dog Leo now acts as a therapy dog, comforting cancer patients Photo: MSNBC.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leo_therapy_dog(1).jpg (11.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

One of the items found on Vick’s property was a ‘rape stand’ which is a device in which female dogs are strapped into and restrained, to allow a male dog to breed with her.

This sentence struck me as odd. On the first page in Google:
Plus have heard about this so called rape stand for breeding dogs, news flash people, this practice has been used for years on not only dogs but cows and horses, they used a leg stap for the "madien mares" to ensure the stallions were not hurt. it wasn't used for the "rape" of the animal , but it is used to insure that neither animal is hurt during the selective breeding process. Only recently within the last 10 or so years has impregnating animals without actual breeding even started.
Not that I am standing up for the guy, because he must have enjoyed being Nero to these dogs, thumbs up or down. If you are breeding only the most vicous animals, this thing is necessary. Has anyone seen a program on shark sex? They tear each other up while they do it.