Femdom Forums

Go Back   FemdomDesire - Femdom Forums > FEMDOM DESIRE Forums > General Shit

Old 09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 16,663, Level: 82 Points: 16,663, Level: 82 Points: 16,663, Level: 82
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 61 Total
Link She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You Cum
Default Re: InIndictment Against Vick Exposes Grisly Allegations

I don't want to sound like a naysayer, but I'm not convinced that he won't be allowed to play in the NFL. Potentially billions of dollars are at stake. Cross referencing with the recent post by Socks alluding to the greed of rich bastards, there are too many of them involved to let so much money fall by the wayside.

If it's at all possible for him to become a money generating machine again for so many people, someone is going to find a way to make it happen.
Say 'Thank You!' for this post.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 18,441, Level: 86 Points: 18,441, Level: 86 Points: 18,441, Level: 86
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 53 Total
beanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANER

Sports Commissioners don't seem to have the power they used to, a by product of our "everything for a price" society. The owners of the teams will collectively decide, the Commissioner is their public face who will announce the decision. Public outcry is the only thing they will listen to.
Vick first has to deal with what the justice system has in store for him. Then, any further ban the NFL adds. When/if he returns, he will never be as popular as he was before this mess. That will be another blow to his ego.
He may self-destruct anywhere along the way, or after it is all done.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 24,919, Level: 95 Points: 24,919, Level: 95 Points: 24,919, Level: 95
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 50 Total
BlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You Cum

Whoopi Goldberg came out in Vick's defense also. She said what all the other athletes said, that's it's a cultural thing, that white people just don't understand. In the deep south, it's considered a sport and it just goes with the culture.

First of all, I live in the south, and this does not go on to the best of my knowledge. There's some cockfighting that happens, which is awful also, but there's no dogfighting, that I've ever heard about. But I think it has more to do with the Afro American community, than the "south" thing.

So, basically using her, and the other black athletes reasoning.......I guess it's okay that in some cultures women are stoned to death, and or beaten in the street, because it just goes with the culture. How about female circumcision?......That barbaric act goes on in Africa, but I guess that's okay too, because it's just part of the culture. Or how about lynching? It was part of the culture in the Redneck South. I guess that's okay too, it was how they were brought up and it's part of their culture. I don't see these athletes defending that one. Or even slavery back in the day. Hey, it was part of the culture wasn't it? It's wasn't their fault either I don't guess.

You can't use that "culture" logic for one thing and not for the others. And Link I've said it a dozen times in this thread. Vick will return to the NFL. It's all about the money. He may not make as much, and he may not be as loved as he once was, but he will return. Just the gambling angle alone should keep him from ever playing again, but if you're a talented athlete, you pretty much are excused for anything. People refuse to take them down from the pedestal.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 27,469, Level: 98 Points: 27,469, Level: 98 Points: 27,469, Level: 98
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 103 Total
Sockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You Cum

I'm surprised to hear that from Poopie Goldberg!

I thought she stood up for Right and all that.

I expected it from football players. They are not usually social activists like Poopie Goldberg claimed to be. I guess it was all a PR stunt! She must have a good agent.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 15,933, Level: 81 Points: 15,933, Level: 81 Points: 15,933, Level: 81
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 16 Total
hockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANER

Blue......those are the best comments I have read or heard on this subject so far!!!
You are dead right...culture doesn't make it right...it means the culture needs to change.
Take the dogfighting itself off the table......WHY if a dog isn't strong enough or good enough does it have to be put down in the manner they were put down...that is torture and isn't that some of the triggers that psychiatrists talk about when they look into mass murderers...that they tortured and mutilated innocent animals?
He may return to the NFL at some point, though to be honest, I follow sports pretty closely as it is my profession...and in my opinion and opinions of many...he isn't that fuckin good. He is a good athlete....but as a quarterback there are many better than him, he just was "good enough" and exciting enough to generate a ton of hype and he has been riding that hype right into the shit house. or in this case big house.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Link She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You CumLink She Might Even Let You Cum

The culture thing is way off base. It's like saying fried chicken or watermelon is a culture thing for a certain group of people.

Or trailer homes and El Caminos. Y'all know I was joking on that one.

I don't agree with Poopie's assessment about it being a cultural thing and saying that white people just don't understand. It's a LEGAL thing, and everyone should understand that. If it was illegal, that's all that really matters.

Not to mention that it's just plan cruel. Even if it was legal, you can't get around the fact that it makes you a sick fuck to do it.

A cultural thing I would give is playing craps on a piece of cardboard in an alley behind a business. That is a black culture thing that's very common throughout the US. Illegal in most, if not all, places. But it's done and done in abundance, and generally goes without recrimination. It's a victimless crime, most of the time.

We don't live in a world of saints. Most people break at least one law every single day, even if it's just speeding 1 mile per hour over a posted limit. So if they wanted to try to defend him, they should have been spouting "let he who is without sin...." etc. et al.

Like the congressman who was busted in a gay bathroom sex solicitation thing just recently. You've got a police officer presenting his version of what happened. A crime was committed. Congry went as far as resigning. Then other Congries came to his defense and said he shouldn't resign. And now he's saying he ain't gonna resign. Maybe. Probably. Depends on how much they can prove, anyway.

When you clear away all the semantics, there's no difference from a legal perspective. There is subtle difference from a moral perspective. There's a glaring difference from a "status" perspective: the powers that be can flaunt as many laws as they want. Everybody else, including uppity athletes, can't.

That's why you get the racial polarization, for the most part. There is still a perception that enforcement of laws and punishment for breaking laws is selectively applied.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Just a little something to show the way life SHOULD HAVE BEEN for his dogs:

This is why dogs are the best pets! - FileCabi.net
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Goddess
Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 778 Total
Mistress Taylor has disabled reputation

Petition to stregnthen dog fighting laws.

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/...=xpAfNd41EODAE

Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Goddess
Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100 Points: 103,424, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
Just a little something to show the way life SHOULD HAVE BEEN for his dogs:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/cooldog54.html
I love that slide.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Goddess
Last Achievements

http://www.hsus.org/acf/news/video_contest_winners.htm

U tube video

Old 09-10-2007, 08:13 PM
DOGBOY
Points: 4,529, Level: 42 Points: 4,529, Level: 42 Points: 4,529, Level: 42
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 1 Total
tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!tickletoy PATHETIC SLAVE, Hurrah!
Default Re: Indictment Against Vick Exposes Grisly Allegations

What Vick did was utterly horrible. He should serve the maximum jail time allowed. He should never be allowed to play in any Professional Sport ever again in my opinion.

Ultimately a society's true merit and worth based upon how we take care of the innocent. This is why it is so important to take good care of children and all animals.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Amphibistrator
Points: 319,886, Level: 100 Points: 319,886, Level: 100 Points: 319,886, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 4,558 Total
Flatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You Cum

I think he could play too & thats why I am still rooting for the man to take his own life.

At this point apologizing and giving his time and money to humane societies is as positive as its probably going to ever get.

Kids aren't all stupid though and a good percentage of them will take whatever he does to better his image with a grain of salt knowing its all about GREEN.

But if a kid wakes up tomorrow to find out that Michael Vick drenched himself with water and then stuck his finger in a wall socket I think the kid could really have something to think about.

Actually if Black America woke up tomorrow to find out Vick killed himself in the same manner one of his dogs was murdered culturally they might have something to think about.

Unfortunately though I'm from Philly so everything I root for never happens.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

hockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANERhockeysub12 ASS CLEANER

Flat...where I am from the the win-loss record is about the same as Philly so I hear what you are saying. One nice thing I have noticed in traveling the country is how very few Michael Vick jerseys I have seen on people's bodies. I know in talking to some students that when kids have worn jerseys to school they are ripped on pretty harshly so they don't wear them a second time. This whole thing is going to blow over and when he returns, if he returns, he is going to have to battle this along with the fact that he isn't that good to begin with. So the comeback should be very shortlived.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:29 AM
DOGBOY
Points: 3,370, Level: 36 Points: 3,370, Level: 36 Points: 3,370, Level: 36
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 2 Total
bucktooth Fart Receptacle Possibilitybucktooth Fart Receptacle Possibility

whats up with this fucker idiout
is he in jail yet
Old 09-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Goddess
Last Achievements

petition to stop dogfightimg

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...m=9817802#body

Old 09-23-2007, 03:33 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Sockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You Cum

Fortunately this petition wont put me on any new lists. You have used The American Humane Society before and I'm already on their list!!

Signed.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:54 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

beanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANER

The guy has not hit bottom yet. He tested positive for pot, and new charges have been filed. One count of beating or killing or causing dogs to fight other dogs, one count for engaging in or promoting dog fighting. These are Virginia State charges, he earlier pled out on the Federal charges against him.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 3,505, Level: 37 Points: 3,505, Level: 37 Points: 3,505, Level: 37
Last Achievements

rotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibilityrotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibilityrotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibilityrotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibility

I hope this makes our Mistress smile:
Summary: Arbitration allows Falcons to recover ~$20M signing bonus from Michael Vick

Full Story:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300618,00.html
Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Goddess
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead
I hope this makes our Mistress smile:
Summary: Arbitration allows Falcons to recover ~$20M signing bonus from Michael Vick

Full Story:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300618,00.html

Yes, very happy. The more trouble he gets into the happier I will be. He is still a role model frol for kids and what he did to thoses dogs should put him in jail for life. I DO NOT like to judge people but I cant help judging a man who tortured and killed dogs.
I cant make ANY sense out of it at all.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 3,505, Level: 37 Points: 3,505, Level: 37 Points: 3,505, Level: 37
Last Achievements

rotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibilityrotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibilityrotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibilityrotorhead Fart Receptacle Possibility

Mistress, I guess all I can say is that rational thinking people can rarely understand completely irrational behavior.

Trolls like this who objectify the innocent and helpless make no sense and sadly, I don't think he will ever completely understand why he's being punished at all. I fear that, in his head, he was able to justify it (somehow).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
DOGBOY
Points: 3,370, Level: 36 Points: 3,370, Level: 36 Points: 3,370, Level: 36
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%
Last Achievements

bucktooth Fart Receptacle Possibilitybucktooth Fart Receptacle Possibility

pit bull tribute

http://www.livevideo.com/video/27487...-pit-bull.aspx
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Goddess
Last Achievements

Report: Vick to pay for dog care
i am so suprised

November 28, 2007 ATLANTA (Ticker) - Michael Vick has reportedly agreed to pay almost $1 million for the care of 54 pit bull dogs found on his property during investigations into dogfighting.
CNN.com reported on Wednesday that Vick's lawyer, William R. Martin, has filed court documents which state that Vick will pay $928,073.04 into an escrow fund by Friday.
The money is "to be used to pay whatever restitution money is ultimately ordered in this case," the document, a consent order, states.

window.yzq_d['67JVfNGDJGQ-']='&U=13be2v1r4%2fN%3d67JVfNGDJGQ-%2fC%3d623075.11642855.12129678.1414694%2fD%3dLREC %2fB%3d4984978'; Vick had been ordered by federal prosecutors to prepare money for the care of the dogs. When Vick pleaded guilty to dogfighting charges earlier this year, he agreed to pay "restitution for the full amount of the costs associated with the disposition of all dogs" in the case.
The Atlanta Falcons quarterback, 27, is due to be sentenced next month.
On Tuesday, a court in Surry County, Virginia set a date of April 2 next year for a state trial to begin.
The CNN report added that prosecutors have highlighted Vick's mounting financial problems.
Since his guilty plea, the Falcons have sought to recoup around $20 million in bonus money from the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed in 2004.
Court documents also show that Vick is facing an alleged default on a $1.3 million bank, a default on a line of credit worth $2.5 million and a default on $2 million worth of loans relating to a car rental business.
Vick is currently being held at Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, Virginia, after surrendering to authorities on November 19.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:58 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

I'm starting to get a little nervous...I am starting to hear rumblings through my sports grapevines that this fucker could wind up serving his time and returning to the NFL as early as next season...that would be a travisty of justice if that happens and the league, with all their high-and-mighty, self serving bullshit should be ashamed of themselves if this happens. I just hope every animal rights group pickets the shit out of any team he joins and he gets booed to the point of walking away.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Minimum sentences are that short??

Damn...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:17 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

You're an athlete, too. You know how you get conditioned to ignore the boos and tauntings when you're on the road? My personal opinion is that it wouldn't bother him in the slightest. Sometimes you even use that as motivation and end up performing better. Nothing like making a play that causes 50 or 60 thousand people to sit down and shut up, right?

This is one of the most difficult cases to predict. On the one hand, the judge may really kick his ass and give him a much harsher sentence than most people are expecting.

His co-defendents who also plead guilty received 18 to 21 months. I expect Vick will get at least that, and probably more because his role in the operation was larger.

On the other hand, the judge may keep things consistent and give him an equal or lesser sentence than his co-defendents. And he could possibly be back in the NFL next year or the year after.

After it's all said and done, remember that the NFL is simply a business, nothing more. Vick generates revenue, tons of it. At the end of the day those execs are going to do things the way they always do; if Vick can put money in their pockets, they'll let him play.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:50 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
You're an athlete, too. You know how you get conditioned to ignore the boos and tauntings when you're on the road? My personal opinion is that it wouldn't bother him in the slightest. Sometimes you even use that as motivation and end up performing better. Nothing like making a play that causes 50 or 60 thousand people to sit down and shut up, right?

You are right about playing through the boo's and adversity, but there is a difference between being booed because you are good and the other team's fans are trying to rattle you or throw you off your game..those types of boos are actually flattering to an athlete and yes it is fun to shut up a stadium, but the type of response he is going to get both on the road and at home is not the same type of booing I am talking about...I would expect to see MAJOR reactions, unlike the sportsworld has ever seen.....it will not be anywhere near comparable to the negative response that Barry Bonds had while breaking Hank Aaron's home run record while juiced....this will be bigger and should be bigger...Bonds only hurt himself...Vick hurt innocent animals and in ways that are so barbaric that they should never be forgotten or forgiven. The idea of dog fighting (I started to call it a sport and had to stop myself) is so beyond wrong...but he took things further in the ways he disposed of the so called "weaklings".
Old 12-01-2007, 09:54 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 19,273, Level: 87 Points: 19,273, Level: 87 Points: 19,273, Level: 87
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 27 Total
salsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cum

I don't think Vick will be back next year - maybe not ever. The judge may go harder on him because he tested positive for weed after his plea deal plus he still has legal issues outstanding at the state level. I wouldn't be surprised if the judge gives him a slightly stiffer sentence than the others - maybe 2 years. He certainly won't get less than a year, and I don't see him being reinstated in the middle of next season. If he gets two years, he might not be eligible to return until 2010.

The NFL is all about making money of course, but the league is very image-concious as well. The commish hasn't hesitated to lay down the hammer on people like Odell Thurman (who I thought would be allowed back this year) when they've gotten in trouble for less. On the other hand, he destroyed all evidence in the internal matter of "spygate" because he obviously thought it was in the league's best interest not to get too deeply into that scandal. You can always count on the league to act in the collective best interests of the billionaires who own NFL franchises.

Any potential revenue that Vick might generate for the league would have to be weighed against the negative impact on public relations. I'm sure there will be an effort to present Vick as "rehabilitated" and ready to return. I'm equally sure that one or more of the owners will be tempted by the potential for making money from Vick, so a return to the NFL at some point may seem likely, but he could be on the downside of thirty by then and not so attractive from an athletic standpoint.

A lot will depend on how the federal judge rules, and how the state matter is resolved. If he's out in a year, then I think he'd probably be presented as rehabilitated and return in 2009. Any longer than that, and he might be done.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 19,273, Level: 87 Points: 19,273, Level: 87 Points: 19,273, Level: 87
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 27 Total
salsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cumsalsashark She Might Even Let You Cum

Source says prosecutors may ask for longer sentence for Vick

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. -- A source familiar with the defense in the Michael Vick dog fighting case told ESPN's Kelly Naqi that the government believes Vick has not been forthright in his debriefs with them, and they may push to have Vick sentenced on the upward end of the sentencing guidelines.

On Monday, federal prosecutors in the case filed a motion under seal on Monday. Judge Henry Hudson issued an order that has been placed under seal as well. It is not known what is contained in either sealed document.

Vick faces up to five years in prison when he is sentenced Dec. 10 for his role in a dog fighting conspiracy headquartered on his 15-acre property from 2001 until last summer.

Last week, Quanis Phillips was sentenced to 21 months and Purnell Peace received 18 months in the same case -- a little longer than prosecutors recommended, but less than the five-year maximum Hudson could have imposed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3140049
Old 12-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Goddess
Last Achievements

THE ASPCA APPLAUDS STRONG SENTENCING OF VICK CODEFENDANTS
gavelThe ASPCA applauds the strong sentences received on Friday, November 30, by two codefendants of NFL quarterback Michael Vick in the federal investigation against them. Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips—who pleaded guilty earlier this year to charges, including conspiring to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsoring a dog in an animal fighting venture—received sentences of 18 and 21 months respectively, which fall on the higher end of the federal sentencing guidelines. The two men will also be on probation for an additional three years, during which time they cannot have any contact with dogs.

“Judge Henry Hudson’s sentencing is extremely significant in the history of the prosecution of animal cruelty,” says Ed Sayres, ASPCA President & CEO. “His decision clearly reflects the outrage felt over the cruelty inflicted upon these animals. We are deeply grateful that justice is being served.”

Vick, who voluntarily surrendered himself on November 19 to begin serving his prison term early, will face sentencing next Monday, December 10, in Richmond, VA.

The ASPCA has been assisting federal authorities in this case from the beginning of the investigation—most recently, having led a team of animal behavior experts in evaluating the dogs seized from Vick’s Virginia property. “We are incredibly proud to have played such an instrumental role in this landmark case which, I believe, will change the way America regards the cruel treatment of animals,” comments Sayres.

Due to the sensitive nature of the ongoing criminal process, further details cannot be made available at this time. However, to keep abreast of ongoing developments in the Michael Vick case, please visit the ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

I apologize if anyone has already seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9w8W17V7M