Femdom Forums

Go Back   FemdomDesire - Femdom Forums > FEMDOM DESIRE Forums > General Shit > POLLING CENTER

Poll: What to do?
Poll Options
What to do?

Old 02-09-2008, 10:53 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 27,469, Level: 98 Points: 27,469, Level: 98 Points: 27,469, Level: 98
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 103 Total
Sockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You Cum
Default Upgrading The Computer!

It's time.

Any advice?

I need a Graphics Powerhouse. That is my only requirement.

I may build it myself to save money.

Anyone have any favorite graphics cards or other things I am clueless about? My computer knowledge is over 20 years old. I never caught up!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 24,919, Level: 95 Points: 24,919, Level: 95 Points: 24,919, Level: 95
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 50 Total
BlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You Cum
Default Re: Upgrading The Computer!

As fas as graphics you can't go wrong with a nvidia or ATI card. My old computer had the ATI Radeon card and it was fantastic, and this new computer I'm on has the Nvidia card and it seems like a good one also. There's many different models of each, so that would just require doing some research on their respective sites, or find some review sites and just pick which one meets your needs the best. Some models of each card are better for gaming etc. So you just need to pick the best for you. But I recommend one of these 2 brands from experience.
Say 'Thank You!' for this post.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:07 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

BlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You CumBlueA86 She Might Even Let You Cum

Also they make Macs now that run Windows if you can't choose between which one you want to go with. I've always used PC's, except my first computer was a MAC. So I'm sure you'll get an even split on the way to go on that from everyone. I think it's just a matter of how easy it is to get software and or computer accessories when it comes to deciding on PC or MAC. Where I live it's just easier to get PC equipment/parts/accessories, so that's why I'm with Microsoft.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:08 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Sockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You CumSockratease She Might Even Let You Cum

I need one suited to all forms of animation. I know in 3D work some cards support more light sources and others have different results with shaders and other weird terms I am only passingly familiar with.

I will ask at some computer stores, but I don't trust salesmen!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:55 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 12,887, Level: 74 Points: 12,887, Level: 74 Points: 12,887, Level: 74
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 57 Total
gumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANERgumbie_goodhead ASS CLEANER

All the graphic artisits I know won't touch a pc. They use these awesomely powered Macs.

Me? I am not only a slave to Mistress Taylor, but MIstress Microsoft as well. But I'd change the second one if I had any cojones...
Old 02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 18,441, Level: 86 Points: 18,441, Level: 86 Points: 18,441, Level: 86
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 53 Total
beanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANER

Sock:
Nviidia has a gaming edge over ATI right now, I do not know which would be better for your purposes. Stay away from the cheapies, video is the first place they scrimp on.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:04 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

After much thought, and a little price shopping, it may need to be a windows toy. A good mac is quite a bit more money, and scant few of the programs I use would work there. One key program would require buying the mac version as it is sold separately!

So... there.

I'm hoping to get it this weekend, so any last minute thoughts are most welcome.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:36 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Yep as beanguy said, and you probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyway, make sure it has a "dedicated" video card and not an integrated one. It will always say it in the "specs" somewhere. A integrated one, is just a chip on the motherboard and won't be able to handle what you wanting to do. If you can get either of the brands, ATI or Nvidia, as a dedicated card you won't be disappointed. But again, make sure it has a actual card for the video and not just a chip. It's a world of difference.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:20 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

It is done.

I am beginning the process of transferring all my most used programs over to the new machine!

I have a lot to learn now. Vista is ... different.

I already found the controls to turn off the nag messages about permissions, but the little things are now bugging me. They renamed a lot of standard features and I am unfamiliar with the new words. It just slows me down, doesn't stop me!

I have a lot of transferring to do now...

So far only one program wont work - my 3D Modeling Program!! (Not the animation and basic 3D art program, the one that makes models for use in the other program).

I'm sure to find more, as I use a lot of OLD software on a regular basis.

On the bright side - all my Fractal Generators installed, and only one is running "quirky" - but that is a beta version of the program anyhow, so I guess it's to be expected. Still... I REALLY enjoyed that one (Mutatorkammer - It's 3D Feature fails in animation consistently and it crashes a lot more than it used to on my old machine running XP.)

And I've only had the thing a few hours!

I got it at a Comp USA store. The chain is going out of business, so I was able to get my first New Monitor in over 10 Years!

I went from a 12 or 14 inch (never measured) monitor which wouldn't even go to 1024 x 768 until I upgraded my video card last year - to a Massive 24 widescreen inch monitor that swivels for 90 degree rotation (great for Hippy Artists!) and 1920 x 1200 resolution!

A Fancy-Schmancy Video Card, a Terrabyte of memory, over 3 GB of RAM, ports built in for all sorts of media cards from cameras, etc - and even those wonderful little rca jacks right on the front panel for input from my old video tapes of The Space Giants!!

My old computer started acting up just as I was getting started with some Serious Projects too. So this is Long Awaited and one or two people here may be pleased to know that I'll be finishing that stuff off VERY SOON now - I Promise!!

Sorry for the delay - but I pushed what I was doing past the limits of a glorified word processor and needed a real computer for it. I just need to finish transferring programs and then I get right to work on it!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

beanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANERbeanguy ASS CLEANER

Sock:
You are brave to make the move to Vista, Microsoft has a tough sell there. I am jealous of your new speed and storage. Are you watching movies on that big monitor?
I have a ? for some of our more expert users here. One of Flat's threads had a copy of XP in rar form. The instructions say to "extract to .iso"-what exactly is that and how is it done? Is that on the hard drive, or a CD?
Old 02-25-2008, 12:06 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Nothing major here, just added a Raid card, allowing me to add a 3rd hard drive(up to 4 actually) AND get around size limitations of my hardware. A 200 MB drive brings me up to 440 in total, just in time.
Sock:
How does that big monitor look while watching a movie? Or are you too busy to have tried it out?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Ass Whore
Points: 2,906, Level: 33 Points: 2,906, Level: 33 Points: 2,906, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
jackiecarter Ground Zero

I WILL SPAM TILL ITS REMOVED.IVE HACKED THIS ACCOUNT COS THIS FUCKWIT USED MY EMAIL.
DELETE ALL THIS JACKCARTER STUFF.
I WILL SPAM TILL ITS REMOVED.IVE HACKED THIS ACCOUNT COS THIS FUCKWIT USED MY EMAIL.
I WILL SPAM TILL ITS REMOVED.
DELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWN
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Amphibistrator
Points: 319,886, Level: 100 Points: 319,886, Level: 100 Points: 319,886, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 4,557 Total
Flatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You CumFlatuface She Might Even Let You Cum

Well Hi JackCarter! So you hacked into JackCarter's account AND you want all his posts deleted?

Well I think we should ask JackCarter if that's OK with him first don't you think? They are his posts you know.
Just because you may not like Free Forced Cum-Eating clips doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. JackCarter seems to like them a Whole Lot! Of course it would be nice if JackCarter offered to actually pay for the Forced Cum Eating clips that JackCarter loves so much instead of just demanding free ones be posted but we got a lot of freeloaders here so JackCarter fits right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcarter
I WILL SPAM TILL ITS REMOVED.
DELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWNDELETE ALL REFERENCES TO JACKCARTER OR GET SHUT DOWN

Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Goddess
Points: 4,572, Level: 43 Points: 4,572, Level: 43 Points: 4,572, Level: 43
Last Achievements

Princess Kiki DO SOMETHING BITCHBOY!

macs don't have too many problems...
Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanguy
Sock:
How does that big monitor look while watching a movie? Or are you too busy to have tried it out?
Well...

Thanks to Jack Carter bumping this thread, I noticed that I never answered that question! (and he thinks he's not being useful - Thanks Jack!) (any relation to John?)

But anyway... I finally watched a video on the big monitor so I can answer the question!

I still hadn't watched any commercial TV or Movies on it (or any broadcast TV for over 2 years now!) but the DVD I am making of a slide show featuring almost Every image from the first year or so run of Lissawhipped.com looks Great!

It looks better than on my TV. So much so that I finally understand the phrase "Broadcast Safe Colors" and what it means in practice as well as in theory.

So I put in a Commercial DVD, just to test it.

Three Stooges, of course .

Looks Fine.

Now for something in color.

I think I have an Ultraman DVD around here someplace...
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Points: 16,007, Level: 81 Points: 16,007, Level: 81 Points: 16,007, Level: 81
Last Achievements

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 8 Total
Nortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANERNortons ASS CLEANER

thinks its a bit late but well done buying a pc, Sock
Mac once asked PC what can you do , PC replied i can do anything
Mac is a good machine but if you are familiar with it and wont be annoyed if you got the message sorry you cant instal this you are a MAC user
get your antiviruses armor on your new PC it seems to be a Great one ,and change Vista
you are a man , you could handle it that long , to me XP still rules till 7 arrives

Old 08-15-2009, 01:11 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements

Thanks, Nortons.

I did eventually upgrade my laptop to a MacBook Pro, and can honestly say that both Vista AND OSX both Suck!

So does XP, but it sucks less than those other 2.

I miss MS-DOS.

Now THERE was an Operating System!

I'm just glad that my Vista toy never goes online. I was able to disable or delete all the security crap, and it runs 5 times faster (no exaggeration) and 10 times less annoying!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

I have been running Vista on a new machine, I give it a mixed grade. I think the idiot proof idea(insert a disk, the machine does most of the work for you) is welcome in some circles. But, when it tells me I need permission to copy an exe file from another machine, I am ready for the simplicity(LOL) of XP.
I have a copy of 7 in beta, but not installed anywhere.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 AM
ACTIVE SLAVE
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockratease View Post
I'm just glad that my Vista toy never goes online. I was able to disable or delete all the security crap, and it runs 5 times faster (no exaggeration) and 10 times less annoying!
Do you have written instructions on how to do this? I occasionally run into not being able to do stuff as the Administrator-very annoying!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Spitoon &/Or Receptacle
Points: 3,090, Level: 34 Points: 3,090, Level: 34 Points: 3,090, Level: 34
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%
Last Achievements

slavef DO SOMETHING BITCHBOY!

Hello,

as I do work with both systems, it is just a matter of what you need an special software. both work well and are doing fine and only soe programms are not avalaible for the other.... so I think it ij a matter of what you need.... and maybe trying it out in an store for a bit of time and knowing what it is...

hope I could helped....

greetings